Don’t you just hate deciding what to cook for dinner sometimes (OR ALL THE TIME?!) Don’t you wish someone would just delivery fresh groceries to your door so you don’t have to go out?! Well, when you’re ever feeling lazy, but still want to eat healthy I would try Chef’s Plate! They send you groceries with simple recipe cards to follow with the exact portions so no ingredients are wasted! I made this Steak and Chili Roasted Potatoes using the recipe that Chef’s Plate sent me and lucky for you, I’m sharing this recipe with you guys! If you want to try Chef’s plate out, you can use my coupon code: LISAEATS at checkout to get 3 plates for free! I was surprised at how perfect the dish turned out and how easy the instructions were. Give it a try!
Steak and Chili Roasted Potatoes
Prep Time: 20 m Cook Time: 20 m Yield: 2 servings
- 1 (10 oz) Flat iron steak
- 16 oz yellow potatoes
- 2 cobs corn
- 1 1/2 monterey jack cheese
- 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 sprigs cilantro
- Preheat oven to 475 º F. Cut the yellow potatoes into 1/2 inch pieces. In a medium bowl, add the potatoes, chili powder, 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt and pepper, and toss well. On a parchment lined baking sheet, spread the potatoes in an even layer and roast for 15 minutes, flip and continue roasting for 5 more minutes.
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Cut the cobs of corn in half and boil them for 5 minutes until bright yellow. Remove corn from pot.
- In the bowl used to mix the potatoes, mix the mayonnaise and juice from half of the lime to make the street corn sauce. Add this sauce to the corn and sprinkle the Monterey Jack Cheese on top to melt.
- Season the flat iron steak with salt and pepper. In a medium pan, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Cook the steak for 5 minutes per side (for medium rare). Remove the steak from the pan and set aside. Slice before serving.
- Garnish with cilantro and squeeze the remaining lime juice on top!