Prep time: 15 mins Cook time: 15 mins Total time: 30 mins
- 12 jalapeño peppers
- 1 lb ground pork
- 3 sprigs green onions
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp Chinese fermented black bean sauce (optional)
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash jalapeños and snap the stems off.
- Wear gloves so your hands won’t burn after!!!*
- Cut each jalapeño in half and remove all the seeds and membranes.
- Mix together the ground pork, eggs, chopped green onions, Chinese fermented black bean sauce, garlic powder, fish sauce, salt and pepper.
- Use a spoon to fill all the half jalapeños with the mixed ground pork.
- Pan fry, steam or bake the jalapeños.
These little jalapeño poppers are great to bring as appetizers for pot lucks or to have at home. If you prefer crispy, I recommend pan frying them. I prefer steaming mine, just because I find it the healthiest method and more importantly, the egg and juice that comes out from steaming tastes delicious!!!