Kale is one of the healthiest and most nutritious plant foods ever. It is loaded with antioxidants, vitamin C, and vitamin K. Therefore, kale is known to lower cholesterol, help you lose weight, and fights against cancer. Eat it raw in your salad, steam it, or stir fry it, but just don’t boil it since you will lose most of its nutritional value. I like to blend mine in a smoothie or stir fry it.
- 1 lb fresh kale
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 chili pepper (optional)
- Wash and cut kale.
- Chop the garlic.
- Add 1 teaspoon of olive oil to a pan over medium high heat and add the garlic.
- Cook the garlic for 1 minute then add the kale.
- Add 1 teaspoon of fish sauce.
- Cook the kale for a couple minutes.
- Add chopped chili pepper or flakes if you wish.
Once again, I did not add salt and I used very little oil. But the dish still tastes delicious because of my beloved garlic and chili pepper. A little bit of fish sauce goes a long way. I love to use a bit in my cooking as flavouring and to replace the salt. This is a great vegetable side dish.