Chicken fried rice is probably one of the quickest and easiest meal to make. It is best to use leftover rice since the texture of the rice is harder, which makes the fried rice taste better. There’s not a lot of ingredients you need, so let’s get started!
- 1 bowl leftover rice
- 2 chicken breasts
- 5 eggs
- 1 sprig bok choy (Chinese cabbage)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 sprig green onion
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
1. Cut and marinate the chicken with salt, black pepper, and 1 tablespoon of the soy sauce. Set aside.
2. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a wok and cook the eggs, similar to how you would make scrambled eggs, but don’t overcook the eggs. Place cooked eggs in a bowl.
3. Cook the marinated chicken in the wok over medium high heat. When the chicken is cooked, add the bok choy.
4. Add the rice and the rest of the soy sauce and mix everything over low heat.
5. Add the cooked eggs.
Wasn’t that simple? It literally took me 10 minutes to prepare the ingredients and 5 minutes to cook.