This is honestly the best Carbonara I’ve had and it was super easy to make! It is literally one of the simplest things you can make. All you really need is bacon. I mean B A C O N? What can possibly go wrong with bacon? Not having enough of it, of course!
- 8 oz spaghetti
- 2 eggs
- 4 slices of bacon
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 onion
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ¼ cup grated Parmiggiano Reggiano
- Fresh ground black pepper and salt to taste
1. Cook the pasta in a large pot and sprinkle in some salt and let it cook until ready. Drain it well with cold water.
2. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, and parmiggiano reggiano. Season with salt and black pepper.
3. In a large skillet, preheat the olive oil over high heat, add the chopped bacon and cook until the colour changes and it starts to crisp. Then, add the chopped onions, season with a small amount of salt and black pepper, and cook for another 5 minutes.
4. Once the bacon is fully cooked and crispy, add the drained pasta and mix it well. Turn off the heat and quickly pour in all the sauce (egg, milk, cheese), and mix very well.
Oh man… This carbonara was soooo satisfying, I had to get seconds. Please! Give this quick and easy recipe a try. I promise you will not regret it.