Black Pepper Steak and Asparagus
Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 10 mins Total Time: 20 mins
- 4 rib eye or sirloin steaks
- olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 batch of asparagus
- 1 garlic
- ½ tsp fish sauce
- Add olive oil and chopped garlic to a saucepan on medium high heat for 30 seconds (until garlic turns golden brown).
- Add washed asparagus and fish sauce and cook for about 2 minutes (adding a bit of water if saucepan gets too dry, to prevent burning). Set asparagus aside.
- Season both sides of the steaks with olive oil, salt, and black pepper.
- On high heat, place the steaks onto the very hot saucepan and reduce the heat to medium high. Cook each side based on desired doneness. About 3 minutes each side for medium rare – add/subtract 1 minute for each level of doneness.
- Add butter to saucepan on the last minute of cooking the steaks. Turn off the heat and use a spoon to scoop melted butter to the steaks.
- Plate the steaks and asparagus.