I used to love KFC when I was a kid. I probably ate it for lunch every Tuesday when Tonnie Tuesday was actually $2. It was cheap and delicious, so why not right? But to be honest, thanks to my parents’ influence, I was a pretty healthy eater as a kid. I’ve probably only eaten McDonald’s 12 times in my life and Popeye’s, around 5 times. Fortunately, my parents cooked at home 365 times a year and always emphasized on going home for dinner, since home cooked food is apparently healthier and cleaner than outside food. And this is why I tend to cook a lot at home, as opposed to eating out. It’s cheaper, healthier, and cleaner!
It’s not much of an ingredients list for this Baked Chicken Legs recipe, since it is super simple and you can basically use whatever spices you have at home! All you need are chicken legs! But here it is anyway:
- 5 chicken legs
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp cayenne
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Wash and dry chicken legs with paper towel.
- Use a sharp knife to cut lines on the chicken legs for a better marination.
- Add your favourite spices (I used cumin, garlic, cayenne, paprika, black pepper, and salt) to a large bowl and rub it all over the chicken legs.
- Place the chicken legs to baking tray covered in tin foil.
- Bake in preheated oven of 400 ºF for 30 minutes.
- Allow 5 minutes for the chicken to cool off before digging in!
Now I can enjoy a delicious chicken leg dinner and never crave for oily and fried fast foods like KFC and Popeye’s again. It costs about $20 for a meal similar to this at Swiss Chalet, but I paid $6 for 5 chicken legs at the grocery store, and this is good for 5 meals! Think about how much you are saving and your overall health in the long run! It only took 10 minutes to prepare and 30 minutes in the oven. Please message me NOW, if I have failed to convince you to think about cooking your next meal at home, instead of eating out.