At first glance, you wouldn’t even realize that this is a vegan dish. Honestly, vegan food doesn’t have to be boring! It is all about the flavours and colours you put into your food! If people flavour their veggies similar to the way they flavour their meat, you’d be surprised at the outcome. So why not opt for the healthier approach? Such as this vegan mushroom tomato spaghetti?! An added bonus is that this recipe is gluten-free as well!
To be honest, I come up with my recipes based on the ingredients I have on hand because I hate to waste ingredients! In this case, I bought too many grape tomatoes so I needed a way to finish them! I also have a lot of basil growing in my balcony garden so this dish is perfect for it! As you can tell, I used a lot of tomatoes and fresh basil!
This recipe literally takes 10 mintues to prep and at most, 10 minutes to cook! It is one of the simplest recipes ever!
It is simple fresh delicious and healthy!
It is perfect if you have friends or family coming over for dinner. They will think you put a lot of effort and time into making this dish, when you and I both know how quick and easy it was! 😉 Or, if you pack lunch, this is great for lunch the next day! Your colleagues will all be proud of you for bringing in such a delicious and healthy looking lunch!
Vegan Mushroom Tomato Spaghetti
🕝 Prep Time: 10 m 🕝 Cook Time: 10 mins Yield: 5 servings
- 12 ounces dry sphaghetti*
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- optional: fresh basil
- Cook the dry spaghetti according to package instructions. Rinse in cold water, drizzle a bit of olive oil and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the rest of the olive oil. Add the minced garlic and sliced mushrooms and sautee for about 2 minutes.
- Once the mushrooms have gotten darker in colour, add the tomato sauce and grape tomatoes. The tomatoes do not need to be cooked for long.
- Immediately after, add the cooked spaghetti in the same skillet and give it a stir to mix everything together.
- Remove from heat and top with fresh basil and ground pepper.
*For the spaghetti, I used dry pasta made from coconut flour which is vegan and gluten-free. You can’t actually taste the coconut in the recipe though.