Most people would say, “There’s always room for desserts!” But not me. I don’t have a sweet tooth. I usually don’t even save room for desserts! I know, CRAZY RIGHT?! I prefer my savoury stuff. What I’m really trying to say is, I’m not much of a baker because it takes up so much time and once you screw up, you have to start all over again. Whereas cooking, I can always adjust the flavours if it tastes bad initially. Anyways, I’d still bake and make desserts occasionally for my friends. And when I do bake, I try to make it as healthy as possible (meaning less sugar).
This Vegan Strawberry Cake is as healthy as a cake can get! And so delicious, even for someone who doesn’t have a sweet tooth! I got my recipe inspiration from allrecipes.
Strawberry Cake with Vegan Coconut Frosting
🕝 Prep Time: 10 m 🕝 Cook Time: 30 m Yield: 14 slices
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 package strawberry flavoured Jell-O
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 2 3/4 cups sifted flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberry puree
- 1 can vegan coconut whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10 inch round cake pan.
- In a large bowl, blend together the butter, sugar, and Jell-O powder until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, mixing well after each.
- Combine the flour and baking powder; stir into the batter alternatively with the almond milk.
- Blend in vanilla and strawberry puree.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until a knife can be inserted into the centre of the cake and comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool completely (15 minutes) before adding the vegan coconut whipped cream and fresh strawberries on top.