Baked Chicken Wings
Prep Time: 2 hrs Cook Time: 40 mins Total Time: 2 hrs, 40 mins
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- olive oil
- 1 lime juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- sauce of your choice (i.e BBQ, ranch, hot sauce)
- Mix baking powder, flour, salt, black pepper, paprika, garlic, and chili in a small bowl and set aside.
- Place wings in a large bowl and try to evenly coat them into the flour mixture (use tongs or gloves).
- Place wings in the fridge for 1-2 hours to dry out.
- Pre-heat oven to 450º F.
- Place wings in a single layer in a baking rack over a large roasting tray, drizzle olive oil on top and bake for about 30 minutes (until golden and crispy).
- Remove from the oven and flip the wings, drizzle with a little olive oil on other side, and bake for about 10 minutes (until second side is as crispy as first side).
- Squeeze some lime juice over wings and serve!
The baking powder is the key ingredient to making these wings crispy even though they’re baked! The baking rack also helps in making the wings crispy!