I really love soups. In fact, I grew up drinking soup before and after every supper when I lived at home with my family. I miss that. This watercress soup is a traditional soup my family and I love to drink. It is delicious, healthy, and super easy to make!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 lb watercress
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ chicken stock broth (optional)
- 1 litre water
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and pop them in the oven for 20 minutes at 400°F (You can skip this step if you don’t have time, but it definitely tastes better!)
- Wash the watercress.
- Cut the chicken breasts into 1 cm cubes.
- Add the chicken broth and 1 litre of water to a pot and bring to a boil.
- Add the chicken and the watercress to the boiling water and lower the heat to medium for 5 minutes.
- Season salt to taste.
Did you notice how low maintenance this watercress soup recipe was?! I totally needed to make something simple, healthy, and warm today as I was at the Wipeout 5km run. It was brutally cold for a race that made you wet! But it was fun to say the least. Anyway, this soup made me feel warm and happy. 🙂